Saturday, November 26, 2011

The hike



The day after Thanksgiving we hiked the trail behind the condo. There was snow on the ground. Our grandkids were all energy, climbing boulders, sliding on the light snow. The creek that runs along the trail was melodiously loud. The veil like ice formations with lacy trims and some with hanging icicles covered some rocks and tree branches that hovered over the tiny falls on the creek. (Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries before I could take some photos of the ice veils.) My son and his family returned to the condo after a short hike while my wife and I continued to climb the trail up and up the mountain until we could view the lake. The round trip took us 2 1/2 hours. The return was slow because of some patches of ice on the trail.

5 comments:

Alyce said...

I love snowy hikes! I wish we got to take them around here more often.

Louise said...

What a beautiful view in that third shot.

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful trail...Loved the photos..


Here is my Saturday
Snapshot
post!

Trish said...

What a splendid hike that must have been!

Staci said...

Absolutely breathtaking! What a great way to spend a day with family!