Saturday, December 10, 2011

Epiphany

What is so incredible about the complexity of the universe is its simplicity. Imagination can be so vast yet can be so simple. My eyes can see a natural beauty yet there is a mystery that remains. One can sit on top of a rock and look out at a distance and contemplate about beauty. 

While I'm writing these lines I am listening to solo piano pieces from the radio called Whisperings. The photos were taken from the Garden of the Gods just outside Colorado Springs. We were passing through after  we attended a wedding in Beaver Creek.



I remembered looking at the landscape and I felt a certain serenity and joy. I would not be pretentious to say that it was an epiphany.  How could I  bring the feeling back when my thoughts reach the edge of being ungrateful at certain times? What's the secret? 

3 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

What stunning scenery. Thankyou for calling by my blog and leaving a question about kiwis. Unable to reply direct so will do so here. Kiwi's grow to about six-seven feet over a pergola structure. The first photo may give you a better idea. Do hope you will be calling by again.

Staci said...

I don't know what the secret it, but I can understand those thoughts of joy. I think God shows them to us as gentle reminders when we need to reflect on our behavior. Needless to say, I have those thoughts often!! Beautiful pictures!!

I wanted to say thanks for the comment you left on my blog in regards to The Printmaker's Daughter book review.
Your comment:
The story sounds interesting.
I have been fascinated by Hokusai's 36 views of Mt. Fuji. (I have seen this print but never really bothered to learn more about the artist. So glad that I read this book so I can appreciate his work) I saw a few of Hokusai's work with the other Japanese artists's works of that period at De Young's Asian Museum in San Francisco . (I am so jealous that you were able to see his artwork IRL!!)
Hokusai's Great Wave of Kanagawa is one of my screen savers.
I have been looking for in Used Bookstore Roger Zelasny's book with 26 chapters based on the 26 views of Mt. Fuji. (Good Luck, I hope you find a copy!!)

edgar said...

Lindy & Staci- Thank you for all your kind thoughts.
I have a correction: Roger Zelazny's book has 25 chapters each devoted to the Hokusai's 25 views of Mt.Fuji.