Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Wall of Prayers


Last September Cheri and I visited  the Shrine of Blessed Mary, Mother of Jesus, in Ephesus, during our pilgrimage to the holy sites. 


 The pilgrims wrote prayers on a piece paper and attached them to the wall called the Wall of Prayers.
Yesterday I bought 3 books from our city library’s book sale: The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing, For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway and the Beautiful Mind by  Sylvia Nasar. I started reading the Beautiful Mind last night. "This is the story of John Nash, Jr....a story about the mystery of the human mind, in three acts: genius, madness, and reawakening."

I borrowed from the library-Imagine, How Creativity Works by Jonah Lehrer.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

Lovely photos! I haven't read Beautiful Mind, but I saw the movie and thought it was very good.