Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The morning moon


When I opened the door this morning to pick up the newspaper I noticed the diminishing moon was very bright.
It inspired me to start the 3-page morning pages exercise in the The Artist's Way.I did write 3 pages of rambling prose which included the foreign language film The Weeping Camel.It's a movie about separation and reconciliation between a mother camel and her calf and a portrait of a nomadic family's daily life with its simplicity and contentment.

I have been reading lately about living minimally.When I retired 5 years ago we downsized from a 4-bedroom house to a small condo-900 square feet. Gradually I became adjusted the small space and library. I enjoyed walking to the library and borrowing books. I still buy new books now and then. Used bookstores have always been my favorite haunt.Whenever I am in a new town, I look for the used bookstores.

Inspiration can come spontaneously or it can be nudged.

No comments: